Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
Who are we?
The Phoenix Singers Shrewsbury is the data controller as represented by its elected Membership Secretary. This means The Phoenix Singers Shrewsbury decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The Phoenix Singers Shrewsbury complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer membership records
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid declarations)
- To send you emails (BCC Only) on general matters relating to Choir activities e.g. publicity
- To inform you of activities and events organised by other choirs and musical organisations in which you may be interested
- To operate The Phoenix Singers Shrewsbury web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with The Phoenix Singers Shrewsbury Committee members as needed. We will not share your data with third parties.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data whilst you retain membership of The Phoenix Singers Shrewsbury and up to 6 years after, in order to deal with any residual issues. We keep gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the tax year to which they relate. After that period all data are securely disposed of.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal data that the Phoenix Singers Shrewsbury holds about you;
- request that The Phoenix Singers Shrewsbury corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- request that your personal data is erased when it is no longer necessary for The Phoenix Singers Shrewsbury to retain it;
- withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- request a restriction to be placed on further processing, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data;
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, we will provide you with a notice explaining this new use, setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. We will always seek your prior consent to the new use.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact the Membership Secretary at The Phoenix Singers through either the Choir Secretary (please see our website for details).
You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 3113 or by email at http://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.